The Manager, Volunteer Systems is responsible for management of volunteer information through the volunteer management system software, Games Management System (GMS), and background screening vendor, including the maintenance and confidentiality of all volunteer records. Provide support and user training for volunteer management system. Assist with compliance with SOSC policies and procedures regarding volunteer management.
Location: Long Beach
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Volunteer Database (40%):
Individual Goals (20%)
- Maintain the SOSC electronic database containing volunteer information.
- Utilize SOSC volunteer management system for all Headquarters and Regional events – sports and fundraising that involve volunteers. Create and maintain user protocols, including user rights to ensure appropriate access to confidential data.
- Work with IT Department on exporting data for import into the Raiser’s Edge database a minimum of every six months.
- Create and maintain a customized user guide and other training materials.
- Track volunteer hours and certifications according to SOSC guidelines; Provide regular reports and data analysis on a quarterly basis for Board of Directors and as needed.
- Provide technical support and ongoing training for volunteer management system users.
- Collect regular user feedback to improve system, procedures and use.
Volunteer Screening/Interns (16%):
- Maintain all Class A applications (paper and online) and process in compliance with SOI and SOSC policies and procedures. Enter data into the online background system. Troubleshoot and research adverse findings and provide recommendation to Director, Volunteers.
- Maintain all Class B applications (paper and online) and process in compliance with SOI and SOSC policies and procedures.
- Responsible for maintenance of paper files with volunteer information and keeping confidential records secure.
Administrative Volunteers (8%):
- Recruit and manage a corps of volunteers to provide administrative support in the Headquarters office. Manage volunteers in the performance of these duties and responsibilities.
- Serve on the Volunteer Manager Committee as a volunteer management employee representative and other volunteer committees as appropriate.
Intern Program (8%):
- Manager SOSC Intern Program by recruiting and on boarding inters that are requested by all SOSC employees. Provide ongoing support to interns and supervisors and track intern hours.
Perform other duties as assigned.
Job Level Responsibilities:
Usually works under minimum supervision, conferring with superior on unusual matters. May be assisted by lower level personnel. Assignments are specific in nature, requiring detailed knowledge of SOSC procedures and practices. Has appreciable latitude within established guidelines.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
Skills and/or Abilities:
- Bachelor’s Degree in from accredited college/university or related professional experience.
- Three (3) to four (4) years of professional experience with two (2) years of experience with creating and implementing volunteer management software or event scheduling software and two (2) years of experience managing volunteers.
- Possesses and applies a broad knowledge of principles, practices, and procedures of particular field of specialization to the completion of difficult assignments.
- Familiar with diverse technologies and software
- Ability to multitask in fast paced environment
- Ability to work independently as well as a member or leader of a team
- Excellent oral and written communication skills for external and internal audiences, including the ability to create a comprehensive user guide and other training materials
- Ability to effectively recruit, train, and manage volunteers
- Excellent computer skills including Excel, Word and Outlook and database management
- Excellent organizational skills
- Superior customer service skills
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential data
- Ability to type accurately into existing database software system
- Ability to travel and to work evenings and weekends to meet job requirements
- Valid driver’s license and meet minimum California vehicle insurance requirements
- Must be able to pass background screen of criminal and driving history
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit and to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee occasionally is required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, lift or carry up to 24 pounds, and lift overhead up to 24 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. This job requires occasional driving.
COMPENSATION: This is a full-time regular status position with benefits; salary range is $16.00 - $18.00/hour, depending on experience.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Job Description PDF